With the changing role of women in our society, large no. of girl students wish to receive the kind of education which will provide them with professional career. With the aim of providing a meaningful & more functional education for girls,the SSD Women's Institute Of Technology was established by SSD Sabha in 1997. The basic approach of this institute is to give the training to the students to make them thoroughly competent for career advancement. The institute believes in the dictum of learning by doing. It prepares the students to accept the challenges posed by the industry and also improve the decision making and communication skills. The unique feature of this institute is the close interaction with various industries in the state to make the students aware of the actual implementation of the learning.
- Empowering women with quality education.
- Keeping them abreast with the fast changing global environment in the field of Business as well as Technology.
- Creating value based women power which can preserve high traditional Indian values alongside becoming excellent entrepreneurs, executives and IT Professionals.
- Inculcating practical work culture in the students.
- Bringing Punjab on the global map in the field of I.T. and Business education.
- Providing conducive atmosphere for the overall development of the personality.
Our Unique Feature
The institute is proud of having close interaction with various business houses and industries of the state to give students first hand practical knowledge and actual implementation of their learning. Another highlight of the institute is its visiting faculty which is drawn from highly learned and experienced academicians and prominent persons from industry.
College always follows the motto 'Learning by Doing'. For this it has constantly been working towards bringing about the best in the students by encouraging their hidden capabilities, improving their mind set and behavior pattern. Whatever they learn in the classes is put to practice in the labs and during their training.